SnugglingontheSofa

Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock
Matthew Quick
The Casual Vacancy
J.K. Rowling
All Our Yesterdays - Cristin Terrill Review also posted at: http://snugglingonthesofa.wordpress.com/2013/07/30/book-review-all-our-yesterdays/Words can not describe how excited I was to read this book! I had heard nothing but AMAZING things. I adore time travel books, and luckily this didn’t disappoint. To try and convey my excitement and feels without giving too much away! In the beginning we are introduced to Em, who is stuck in a cell. She discovers a piece of paper written by herself saying ‘You have to kill him’. From the start I knew I would enjoy the book from all the gushing I had heard from other bloggers. However, as soon as Em found that piece of paper, I was hooked. Who was him? And why does she have kill him? And why were all the previous entries on the list crossed out? SO MANY QUESTIONS!Throughout the book it changes perspective to Em from Marina. Marina lives a fairly normal life, spending time with her best friend (hopefully one day boyfriend), James. In comparison, Em’s life is at the other end of the spectrum. Stuck in a cell all day apart from when the doctor wants information from her, she only has Finn as a companion. Except he is stuck on the other side of the wall in his own cell, and Em has never seen him. To be honest, in the beginning I much preferred Marina’s storyline. It was similar to the happy contempories I know and love. Em’s life, on the other hand, was brutally depressing. Alone and tortured, she is obviously quite a fiesty but moody character. However, through the book I came to understand the reasons why her personality was so volatile, and I forgave her a bit more for her moodiness. Marina, on the other hand, becomes a bit too clingy for my liking. The best thing about this book is the range of emotions and genres. Happy but depressing, it also incorporates a lot of action that left me frantically flicking pages. Although it did get a bit confusing towards the end, and I wasn’t entirely convinced on their explanation of time travel. And THAT ENDING. My god. I think it was the right ending for the book, but my god was it emotional. A time travel book with a plethora of emotions and action, All Our Yesterdays is a thriller with a difference. It left my jaw dropping from the surprises, and my heart aching for both Em and Marina. For fans of time travel, sci fi and emotional reads. All Our Yesterdays definitely does not disappoint! 4 sofas!