SnugglingontheSofa

Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock
Matthew Quick
The Casual Vacancy
J.K. Rowling
A Matter of Fate - Heather Lyons Also posted at http://snugglingonthesofa.wordpress.com/2013/02/28/blog-tour-book-review-of-a-matter-of-fate-fate-series-1/This book was such a surprise for me. Once I learnt of the fantasy element I was a bit dubious, but don’t let that put you off! This book is full of romance and action, and kept me wanting more. Chloe is the main character, who is a Creator. Meaning she is the second most important person on the planet (after the current Creator). She is just starting to learn about the Magical world and her Fate as a Creator when she learns she is under attack. Cue members of the Guard, who are assigned to protect her at all costs.While all that is going on, the boy she has been dreaming about since she was a child turns up in her Maths class. The boy that she fell in love with, and who abandoned her last year, never to be seen again. Not only that, but he has an amazingly good looking twin. Ordinary teenage life doesn’t seem so bad after that!I think the romance between the brothers in this book was really good. There is something mysterious about Jonah that made me want to turn the pages. Like does he realise who Chloe is? And why did he abandon her last year? Add into the mix his bad boy twin, and the book just sizzles.I have to say my favourite character in this book was Cora, Chloe’s cousin and best friend. She is so fiesty, her character just leaps off her page. On The College Crawl’s post about the book, it is suggested Jennifer Lawrence should play Cora. After seeing her in the Silver Linings Playbook, I totally agree! I also kind of fell for Chloe’s bodyguard, Karl. Unfortunately he is married, but he is the perfect character.This is a book that has it all; romance, action, teenage angst and fantasy. Perfect for fans of Kasie West’s Pivot Point!