SnugglingontheSofa

Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock
Matthew Quick
The Casual Vacancy
J.K. Rowling
Unravelling (Unravelling, #1) - Elizabeth Norris Review also on my blog http://snugglingonthesofa.wordpress.com/'Unravelling' has been sitting on my tbr read shelf for a couple of months, I picked it up from the library for the intriguing cover, but it is quite a thick paperback (for a YA novel) and other books have been too tempting. But I have been missing out! I absolutely loved this book, and devoured it in a day. Even on the tube I couldn't put it down! Some of the chapters are very short (about a page) and I think this really helps in the pacing because I fell into the trap of 'just one more chapter'. Basically the story is about Janelle, who gets hit by a truck and dies, but is brought back to life by Ben. Obviously no one believes her, but she has to find out more about Ben, and how/why he saved her. Meanwhile, her dad (an FBI agent) is working on a new case where radioactively burned bodies are turning up everywhere. Then a bomb-like device is discovered, with a countdown. Janelle decides to do her own investigation as to what the device means, and how they can stop it. I think this book had great character development. Obviously the book surrounds Janelle, but Ben is such an intriguing person (and also good looking). We follow Janelle as she finds out more and more about him, and pieces the information together. I think the book contains enough action to create suspense, but enough background to really invest in the characters. One think I will say is that Ben did seem a little perfect, but you gotta have good characters I suppose! It was nice that Janelle was the daughter of an FBI agent, as it made her a strong character, and she definitely showed it! I think it's good not to have wimpy girl characters. The ending was good, but I've just discovered there is a sequel planned for next year! And god I can't wait. Though I really hope they change the cover again, as I think the US one is just awful. For once the UK have done much better. Roll on next year! I would definately reccommend this books for people who like strong character development, and scifi action.