SnugglingontheSofa

Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock
Matthew Quick
The Casual Vacancy
J.K. Rowling
The Rise of Nine - Pittacus Lore Also posted on my blog at http://snugglingonthesofa.wordpress.com/2012/10/18/book-review-the-rise-of-nine-by-pittacus-lore/‘The Rise of Nine‘ is the third in the Lorien Legacies series by Pittacus Lore, and was released at the end of August. I received my copy from the library, ordered by yours truly. I loved the first book ‘I am Number Four‘; the connection between John and Henri and John’s struggle with his newly found legacies and the chaos that came with them. The film based on the first book was about average in my opinion; there are too many superhuman action films nowadays, and I just didn’t think it was anything special. The second book ‘The Power of Six’ continued my love of the series, and surprised me by writing from two perspectives.‘The rise of nine’ continues to live up to the reputation of its predecessors. It is written from three perspectives, which I found a bit confusing at first, but disappears as you settle into the action of the book. I liked that we meet more new characters in the book, whilst still fleshing out the ones we know and love. I think this one took a bit longer to get into; it felt a bit separated in the beginning, and I was unsure where it was going. Rest assured that by 1/3 of the way I was hooked, and the book ends on a fantastic note. But once again, an annoying cliffhanger, leaving us waiting for the next one!Although this book is shelved in our sci-fi section, I would say the human connections out rule the fantasy side, and it is easy to pick up the characters. Saying that, this isn’t a book you could read out of sequence, so if you haven’t already, go read the first one!