SnugglingontheSofa

Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock
Matthew Quick
The Casual Vacancy
J.K. Rowling
The Alchemy of Forever: An Incarnation Novel - Avery Williams Also posted on my blog at http://snugglingonthesofa.wordpress.com/2012/10/27/book-review-alchemy-of-forever/‘The Alchemy of Forever‘ by Avery Williams is quite a short novel. I’ve been putting it off for ages because I thought it wouldn’t provide the character depth in such a short space of time. However, I was wrong.The book is told from Sera’s perspective as she escapes from the clan and tries to integrate herself into normal teenage life; someone else’s life. Although parts of the novel are fantasy, there are many parallels with real life. Such as her living a claustrophobic life thanks to her boyfriend, Cyrus. He picks her next body to transfer into based on looks, controls her money and friends, and pretty much her entire life.It’s hard to review this book without giving too much away! There are a couple of surprises and twists in the novel which kept my attention, and a brilliant ending! I didn’t realise the books was intended to be part of a series, so the cliffhanger ending really shocked me. It is easy to be captured by Sera’s emotions, and I can’t wait for the next book! ‘The Impossibility of Tomorrow’ is due Summer 2013, and is already on my want list!